Top Cities for Millennials in Florida
So, Millennials. Who exactly are they? Well, the research is far from settled on that topic. However, most people consider Millenials to be children that were born between the mid-1980s to the early-2000s. They represent a group of techies, who naturally, are well versed in technology, the internet, and social media. This makes them the preceding workers on which the future of our economy will be built. Considering all of the above, it’s no wonder that research suggests that so many of them are moving to Florida. A huge state filled with big cities and even bigger job opportunities. However, what exactly are the ideal cities for millennials in Florida? That’s precisely the question we are going to try to answer in this article.
Top Cities for Millennials in Florida
From hip bars, clubs, and restaurants to a booming job market and a plethora of outdoor activities, there are cities in the state of Florida for everyone. However, finding the perfect city for you to plant your roots in can be a bit overwhelming. Most people get paralyzed by choice when they see the sheer amount of cities that they can move to in the state of Florida. However, it doesn’t need to be like that. Here are a few top picks that should be on the lookout when thinking about the best cities for job opportunities in Florida.
The Top City to move in Florida: Orlando
There are a lot of good places to live in Orlando. And no wonder, too. With its affordable housing opportunities, it’s slowly starting to rattle the throne that Miami has held for several decades in being the most Millennial-friendly city. So, alongside its affordability, what makes Orlando such a good pick? Well, we are glad you asked.
The reasons why you should relocate to Orlando
- Breathtaking neighborhoods. With the surge of young people moving to Orlando, the state of Florida has done an amazing job in creating beautiful trendy neighborhoods to attract Millennials. These neighborhoods offer alluring suburban homes at a cheap renting price.
- Buzzing nightlife. If you’ve ever wondered whether there is something else to do for fun except visiting Disney World in Orlando, let us tell you about the Wall Street Plaza. It’s a mecca of nightlife entertainment, with bars, pubs, and clubs that feature all sorts of live entertainment, making it the place to be if you are a millennial.
- Spectacular scenery. There is an amazing number of outdoor amenities you could visit. From, parks to golf courses. The number of which, could make your head spin. For example, you could visit Church Street. That is a park that has about a mile long walkway around the lake, it offers a plethora of outdoor activities such as various types of exercises, picnics and, at the end of the day it offers an all-around escape from the concrete jungle that is Orlando.
- Technology-oriented job market. Another big reason why Orlando is so high up on this list is for exactly this reason. Not only does it have a booming economy, but it’s also heavily in need of IT specialists and techies. Which means there is a lot of money to be made for millennials in Orlando.
The second best pick: Miami
If you would have asked us just a couple of years ago what Cities for Millennials in Florida can we recommend, our top pick would be Miami, no questions asked. However, times have changed. And Orlando, in our humble opinion, has overtaken Miami in its popularity with young people. A lot of it has to do with the high cost of housing. But, in all honesty, it’s still a really good second option, if you for some reason cannot move to Orlando. Let us show you why.
- The hub for ambitious people. Everybody associates the word Miami with yachts, party animals, and real estate magnets. That really shouldn’t surprise anyone. Given the fact that the price of living here is extremely high. But on the other hand, the economy is also booming, so it kind of evens itself out. On top of that, Miami has one of the highest quality public schools, low crime rates, and beautiful houses.
- Stunning neighborhoods. There is really no other way of going about it. Miami has one of the most stupendous looking neighborhoods. A mix of Cuban and American culture really oozes out a specific style that really cannot be replicated. That you are either going to love or learn to do so.
- Bustling nightlife. Lastly, the reason why so many millennials come to live in Miami is its mind-boggling nightlife. So many people come flocking to the pubs, clubs, and bars of the Miami starry nights. The live music and performs will make sure that you have the time of your life!
Cities for Millennials in Florida: honorable mention
Cross Country Moving Group FL has been working in the moving industry for years now. And during that time we have seen a lot of people relocate. From a lot of different states. However, we did notice that in the past few years that large amounts of young people have started to relocate to Florida. Mostly Miami and Orlando. But also, Tampa too. Let’s see why that is. Tampa offers:
- low cost of living;
- excellent quality of living;
- career opportunities;
- and on top of all, that it’s safer than major metro areas.
How did this happen? Well, Tampa was in the past decade under heavy development. That’s why it has changed so drastically. These new developments have given Tampa a completely new facelift that it so desperately needed. It’s slowly starting to creep up and threaten to take the throne from Orlando in being one of the most popular cities for Milianils to flock to. However, at the end of the day, it’s your decision to make. Orlando, Miami, or Tampa? What will it be?