Tips for renting storage in summer
Everybody knows that once summer comes around, people huddle out from underneath their piles of clothes and burrows that they call homes, and start exploring the vast outdoors. Sometimes tho, the beautiful weather, reminds people of how gorgeous life can be. And once you realize that you are not fulfilling your full potential, you start growing an itch of cleaning up your life, and in turn – your home. That’s why many people start renting storage in summer. Additional space, whether you decided to clean up your life, relocate, or just simply make more space, can always be helpful. It’s really an ideal solution for an otherwise unideal problem. That’s why we think that the comfort of storage FL solutions for your summer might be exactly what the doctor ordered.
What should I store in storage in summer?
If you really think about it, storage solutions are an all-around-season type of service. You are going to need them no matter what the season is. Be that winter, autumn, summer, or fall, you will need to rent a storage facility. Although, we will admit, for different reasons. When you decide to use storage in the summer, you are going to pack different things that you would when deciding to rent a storage facility in the winter.
While the key concept remains the same – a place where you can store all your belongings, deciding which belongings to place into storage can vary from season to season.
Which brings us to our next question, what should you store in your storage in summer? Here’s a list of all the popular items people store in their facilities:
- Winter equipment. Things such as snow-blowers, shovels, snowmobiles, winter tires for your vehicle, etc.
- Winter clothing.
- Holiday (Christmas) decorations. Christmas figurines, pillows, tabletop trees, candles, stockings, rugs, and wall decor.
- Miscellaneous items. Anything and everything else. Items such as big household appliances, and other bulky furniture, etc.
Pick the right size for your storage.
So, hopefully, by now you have decided to rent a storage unit for summer. However, the first thing you need to crack is exactly what size the storage unit needs to be. Now, storage units come in all different shapes and sizes. So, finding the perfect one might be like finding a needle in a haystack. That is if you do not know what you are looking for. So let us help you with that.
If you are looking for storing just your seasonal clothing and Christmas decorations we recommend that you invest in a small storage unit. Clothes and ornaments do not really take up much space, so you really can’t go wrong with that.
If you are, on the other hand, looking for something roomier (i.e you are looking to put some mattresses, or some other bulky furniture) you might want to invest in a medium unit, either a 10×10 or a 10×15. Now this will satisfy most of our clientele.
Although we should also note that as the size of the storage unit grows, so does the size. So, keep that in mind when analyzing the cost to benefit ratio of getting a storage unit.
The storage container that packs a punch.
However, there are a couple of you out there that really need something big. A storage unit that can do everything above, and more. That’s where the 10×30 large storage units come in to play. You can’t really go wrong here, as these are the biggest ones that the market offers, and they might help in those long-distance moving endeavors. Simply put, there really is nothing you can throw at this storage unit that it cannot handle. So, if this sounds like something you might need, getting a big storage unit might be the thing for you.
Renting storage in summer – picking the key features.
After you have picked the right storage size for you there is also one more thing you need to consider – key features of the storage unit. The same logic applies to picking the right size of the storage unit. You need to figure out exactly what features are of importance to you so you know exactly what to order. Some storage units provide features that will keep your items safe for a long period of time, while others help improve the overall storage experience. For example, portable storage containers offer you the benefit of accessibility but cost you on storage space. That’s why finding out exactly what you need will require a bit of investigation. So, here are some features we think you might want to consider getting:
- AC control. Depending on where you live this might be a no-brainer for you. However, we cannot stress this enough. Even if you don’t live in a humid environment, summers can get hot and some items can get destroyed by humidity. So, renting an AC-controlled storage unit in summer might be exactly what you need.
- Security. While this is a feature you can opt-in we cannot recommend it enough. Having the peace of mind that all your belongings are being guarded by security officers, and each storage being recorded by CCTV, can be a blessing in-and-of-itself.
- Drive-up access. If you plan on storing vehicles in your storage, this option is something we cannot recommend enough. Simply having the ability to just drive into your storage without any hassle, is definitely a feature you might want to investigate when deciding on renting a storage facility.
Instead of a conclusion
A storage unit can be a great service if used correctly. Hopefully, with some planning and dedication, you can get a great deal on one of them. Also, if you are looking for renting storage in summer, we recommend that your hire Cross Country Moving Group, a moving broker, that can find you the perfectly sized storage unit with all the key futures you are looking for, for half the price!