Should you opt for storage during relocation?
Getting extra storage during relocation – is it a good idea or is it unnecessary? Some would say that it’s a life-saver that makes moving easier. Others say that there’s no need to rent a storage unit. So, how do you know what the right choice is? Don’t worry, we’re here to help you out. There are many reasons why getting storage Florida for some of your belongings is a great idea. However, in order to truly see all the benefits of storage units, you need to go for the right kind of storage. So today we’ll tell you all about everything that renting storage entails and the ways of finding a reliable storage rental company. If you’re wondering if you should opt for storage during relocation, stick around to find out about all the things that decision involves.
Opt for storage during relocation to keep things safe and out of the way
When you’re moving, you’ll find yourself surrounded by moving boxes and overwhelmed by the amount of stuff you have at some point. That is why downsizing your home before you start packing is always the best idea. However, sometimes you have no time or you don’t have the heart to say goodbye to your things. Well, that’s where storage comes into play!
Putting the things that you don’t need daily into storage will free up some space in your home and make packing easier. You’ll be able to focus on properly packing your priority items and get back to the items in storage at a later time. Therefore, while your things are safely stored away, you can get a head start on packing and moving your more important items. So, just ask your residential movers in Florida if they offer storage services. Rent storage while moving and things will run much smoother.
Put things in storage to make staging your home easier
Are you wondering whether you should opt for storage during relocation to make selling your home easier? Well, the answer is yes. Downsizing your home and moving some of your things to a safe place will make staging your home much simpler. That’s why we suggest looking for storage options while you’re looking for the best cross country movers. Your home will look more appealing to the buyers if it’s not cluttered, so it might make it easier to sell your home at a good price.
Use a storage unit and get more time to organize your new home
Unpacking your things after the move and setting up your new home isn’t as easy as it sounds. If you have a lot of things to fit into your home, it can be pretty complicated. You need to think of the best layout for your furniture and make sure the things you own actually fit inside the house. That’s why it can be helpful to opt for storage during relocation.
If a part of your belongings lies in storage, it means you can take your time moving in. Gradually start organizing your home and unpacking. Once all the key items are in place, you can see if all the stored items fit or if you should get rid of some things. Not only does this give you some more time to plan, but it also prevents the chaos that comes with unpacking. Your home won’t be cluttered by every single thing you own.
The downsides you should consider before getting storage
Even if you decide to rent storage when moving, you should know that it’s not all rainbows and butterflies. You need to think about the potential issues and risks that come with storing your things.
- Your things aren’t that easy to access. Because your belongings aren’t in your home, you’ll need to drive to the storage facility if you need them. This can be a bit inconvenient, but you don’t have to store the things you use regularly.
- Spending more money while moving. Moving already comes with plenty of expenses, so opting for storage during relocation is just another cost. Figure out if that’s an issue for you and if your budget allows it.
- The risks that come with putting things in storage. Even if you get storage with great surveillance, you never know when something could go wrong. A flood could occur or there could be theft, for example. Getting reliable storage is a good way to minimize the risks that come with storage rental.
Get the right a storage unit
Okay, so once you know all the perks that come with using a storage unit during the move, you need to learn how to get the right storage for you. There are countless long distance moving companies that offer storage services to their clients, so it can be hard to pick the perfect one. If you’ve decided to opt for storage while relocating, you want to be certain that you’re choosing a reliable storage facility where your things will be safe. Well, here’s how to do that:
- Get all the information about the company. Do a background check and make sure it’s a trustworthy company.
- Read customers’ testimonials to see if they are satisfied with the storage units. If not, you can find a better option.
- See the storage unit before renting it and inspect it. Make sure there are no signs of mold, pests, rodents, or anything else that can harm your belongings. Check the humidity level to see if it’s under 50%.
- Is the security system good? The safety of your belongings is the number one priority, so you should make sure they will be properly protected. See if there are 24-hour surveillance and security codes.
- Get climate-controlled storage. This is one extra step to take in order to make sure your things won’t get ruined. Plus, there are certain items that require climate-controlled storage.
- Find a storage unit of the right size. Get storage that fits all your things but that isn’t too big – why pay more than you need to?
Will you opt for storage when relocating?
So, now you’ve heard the good and the bad and you should be ready to make your decision. If you want to opt for storage during relocation, you even know how to choose the best one. Now it’s up to you – do you think that the perks outweigh the potential problems?