How to successfully transport your vehicle?
As you’re already aware, moving requires a lot of your time if you want to organize everything properly. There are certain tasks in the process of moving that require extra attention and planning. One of those things is transporting your car to your new address. Transporting a prized possession like your vehicle means you need to have a good system to execute the transportation successfully. After all, you don’t want to risk your car getting damaged. So, one of the things you can do is look for moving companies in Florida that can help you. Your other option, of course, is doing it on your own. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and don’t know which option to choose, don’t worry. We’re here to tell you a bit more about both options and guide you through this process. So, if you’re looking for tips to successfully transport your vehicle, keep reading.
Hire professionals to transport your car
First of all, let’s talk about hiring professional movers who can help you successfully transport your car. Whenever it comes to undertakings like this, hiring professional help is the full-proof way of avoiding any mistakes. As you can imagine, the pros have all the equipment and the skills needed to transport your car safely. If you hire a reliable company to handle your auto transport Florida, you can expect your car to arrive at the destination intact. After all, they’ve transported countless cars in the past and they know how to do their job properly.
You won’t have to worry about protecting and transporting your car on your own, the pros will take care of everything. If you choose wisely, you’ll know your car is in good hands and you’ll be able to focus on other aspects of the move. So, if you find auto transportation too daunting and overwhelming, hiring professionals is your best bet.
How to find the right company to successfully transport your vehicle
As we’ve mentioned, if you’re hiring professionals, you should make sure you’re making the right choice. Don’t just go for the first company you stumble upon, make an informed decision instead. Here are some things you should consider doing before officially hiring a company to transport your car.
- Ask around. The first thing you can do is pretty simple. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, colleagues if they know any good auto transport companies. Hearing their experiences with different companies will help you choose the right company for you.
- Research online. To find a good company, you’ll need to do some research. Take the time to do a background check of all the companies you’re considering. Luckily, you can find plenty of information online and on their websites.
- Read their reviews. The best way to make sure you’re hiring a trustworthy company to successfully transport your vehicle is by reading its customers’ reviews. By seeing what their clients are saying, you’ll be able to tell whether you should get into business with that company or not.
- Make sure it’s a legitimate company. Yes, there are many companies offering auto transport services, but you should be wary when choosing. Unfortunately, some companies are trying to scam people, so make sure you hire a company that’s legitimate. The last thing you want is your car being transported by fraudulent movers.
- Ask for quotes. Of course, your budget is something you have to consider when moving and transporting your car. So, before hiring a moving company, ask for their free estimates to get an idea of their prices.
- Visit the company. A good way to make sure you’re working with a legitimate company is by visiting their premises. This will help you see if there are any red flags you should beware of.
Towing your own car
If you decide to tow your car on your own instead of hiring pros, you can. The two types of trailers people most commonly used for successful car transportation are car carriers and tow dollies. While a car carrier has its own wheels and lifts your car completely, a tow dolly lifts your car’s front wheels off the ground and pulls the vehicle by its rear wheels. So, you can choose the option that is the right one for you. Whatever you choose, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure your vehicle’s protection. This is definitely a more cost-effective way of transporting your vehicle. However, it’s also the harder way of getting this done. So, do some research on this method and decide if this is the best choice for you. It might be worth spending a bit more money and getting the pros to help you.
How to prepare your car for transportation
- Wash the car and clean the inside of the vehicle. Washing your car before moving is a good first step for successful auto transportation. This way it will be easier to see if there are any scratches or damages after the shipment. Also, it’s best to empty out your car to avoid anything flying around the vehicle during transport. So, remove air fresheners, electronics and clean the interior.
- Check the tire pressure and inspect for leaks. If the tires are over or under-inflated, they can get damaged during transportation, so check if the tire pressure is alright. Also, inspect your car for leaks and get it fixed if there are any.
- Don’t gas up the car. First of all, there’s no need to fill up the tank because your car isn’t being driven. Also, a full tank makes the car heavier which can be risky during transportation.
- Disable the alarm. To avoid putting the truck driver in an uncomfortable position, it’s a good idea to disable your car’s alarm before the long-distance move.
- Remove any custom accessories. Remove all the custom parts or accessories to avoid them breaking during transportation.
- Lock the car. Once you’ve inspected and prepared your vehicle, lock it up! There’s no need for it to be unlocked.
Make the right choice for you
Everyone’s relocation is different and so are their circumstances. Whether money is your deal-breaking factor or it’s something else, the important thing is that you make the decision that’s right for you. You can either ship your car or tow it, but it’s crucial to do your research before deciding. So, the best way to successfully transport your vehicle is to read up and figure out which option you’re most confident in. After all, the most important thing is being sure your car will remain intact.